About Dr Ashe
DR. Ashe Coxon, (MBBS FRACGP DCH MClinEd Grad Cert Career Development), is a General Practitioner and career counsellor and is the founder of Medical Career Planning. Ashe started to develop an interest in career development for doctors whilst attempting to construct her career pathway in her early postgraduate training.
On completion of her General Practice training she began her Masters of Clinical Education and worked in medical education with GP registrars. Her passion for career development in doctors grew and she completed her career development degree with the aim of assisting doctors with their personal career journey.
- MBBS (James Cook University)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Diploma of Child Health (Westmead)
- Masters of Clinical Education (Flinders University)
- Graduate Certificate of Career Development (Swinburne University)
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Career Development Association of Australia
- Australian & New Zealand Association for Health Professional Educators
- General Practice Medical Education
Choose your path
Career counseling is the process of identifying why you are undecided on a career pathway, or why you are not enjoying your current line of work.
It is a reflective process which identifies your values, and together we design a career pathway that brings you fulfillment.
Self Study Course
DISCOVERY is a self-study course provides affordable and accessible career planning resources to allow you to work through your career concerns.
This course is designed to be a start for doctors and medical students to consider their career and their career planning.
It will help you to evaluate what is important to you, and which field of medicine may be best suited to you.
Free online training
Common Career Considerations
Get access to the 1st module of DISCOVERY for free.
You will get learn the overview of the framework I use to assist my clients with their career planning and decision-making processes.