Information and Pricing
Career Counselling Starter Program = $349 inc GST
Step 1: Online Career Assessments
In the career counselling starter program we start by assessing your values and personality. You will receive an email with a link for the online career assessments and you will receive the reports for these within 24 hours of your online appointment.
The personality assessment is based on the theory of psychological types described by Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung which was adapted by Isabel Myers and Katharine Briggs, now known as Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). It assesses four aspects of your personality and allocates a ‘type’: Extroversion – Introversion; Sensing – Intuition; Thinking – Feeling; Judging – Perceiving.
Within the session, your counsellor will apply your MBTI type and explain common MBTI themes that medical professionals display.
The values assessment asks a series of questions to determine your underlying values. The values report will be provided to you and allows you to compare your values with your current situation and careers you are considering.
Step 2: Career Counselling Session (75 minutes)
In this session your counsellor will;
- Explore your current situation and how it is impacting on your career uncertainty or dissatisfaction
- Listen empathetically and confidentially to your career concerns and/ or uncertainty
- Highlight any potential career modifiable factors and create a plan to work through these
- Explore potential medical careers (Clinical and non clinical) that the client has expressed interest in
- Explain your MBTI report and apply it to your situation and discuss any career blind spot
- Explore careers that the client may not have yet considered as an option
- Discuss your values report and how it may impact your specific situation
Step 3: Post session report
The post session report is an outline of the key points discussed in the session. The report is issues within 5-10 days of the session to allow both the counsellor and the client an opportunity to reflect on the discussion. The post session report will outline discussion points, useful resources and potential careers for the client to explore.
Follow up appointment = $249 inc GST
The follow up appointment (60 minutes) is optional and recommended to occur 3-4 weeks after the original session, which allows the client optimal time for reflection.
Depending on the needs identified in the original session the following assessments may be recommended:
Assessing the clients transferrable skills which can be applied to a different field of medicine, or different industries
Career Industry Exploration
Assessing the clients interests and providing a report for suggested non medical fields
Career Life Skills
Career Life skills the client has
“This work with you has been outrageously helpful”
Career Counselling advanced Program = $899 inc GST (Regular value = $1,246)
Career counselling starter program
- Values Assessment + report
- Personality Assessment + Report
- Initial appointment and post session report
An additional two appointments with career counsellor
- In addition to the initial appointment
- Appointments are recommended to occur monthly
Additional assessments based on requirement
- Career industry exploration
- Transferable skills
- Career life skills
Full access to ‘Discovery’
- An 8 module online course with career planning resources (RRP $399)
The advanced program is recommended to those considering medical career transitioning (into non clinical fields or clinical), those considering leaving medicine or those wanting to have regular support.
Partial payment/ payment plan is optional.
“Discovery” - Career counselling and planning online course = $139 inc GST
8 part online, self paced course with videos, homework exercises and resources.
Anticipated completion time = 6-9 hours. Recommended to be completed over 4-8 weeks to allow time for exercises and reflection.
The aim of the course is to;